Remake, Alteration, Return & Exchange Policies
If you are not 100% satisfied with the fit or performance of your J.Hilburn custom purchase, we’re happy to provide you with a complimentary remake or alternation of the garment. In addition to remakes and alterations, garments can be returned for J.Hilburn Credit, refunds or exchanges subject to the policies below.
Performance / Product Warranty
J.Hilburn uses the finest materials and suppliers from around the world. If you feel that your purchase suffers from a failure in workmanship or materials, please call 1835-987-668 or email moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc for assistance from a member of our Corporate Team.
Custom Remake Policy
J.Hilburn is unable to accept remakes on Custom Garments that have been altered, damaged or show signs of excessive wear.
- Please submit all remake requests through your personal Stylist within 90 days of the order ship date. If you do not have a Stylist, please reach out to our Customer Service team at moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc or 1835-987-668. We are happy to submit the request for you.
- All remakes are reviewed by our corporate team to ensure that remaking the garment is the best option. If we determine that the desired changes can easily be altered by a local tailor, we will reach out to you or your Stylist with our recommendation.
- Please note, a remake means that we will produce a brand-new custom item for you. This will take approximately 2-3 weeks for custom shirts, knits and casual bottoms. For Suiting and outerwear, 4-6 weeks.
- Each customer is entitled to up to two complimentary remakes for custom shirts, suiting, casual bottoms, knits, and outerwear. One should be enough, but we offer two, just in case.
- Remakes are subject to fabric availability. If a fabric is no longer in stock, the garment can be returned for J.Hilburn Credit. A new order can be placed with an alternative fabric of equal or lesser value, but no additional credits can be provided for an item that is of higher value, nor can shipping credits be provided for a new order.
- If your body changes after receiving your garment, we’re more than happy to help update your fit profile to reflect these changes. However, beyond your two complimentary remakes, J.Hilburn is not responsible for remaking custom items to fit your changing body size.
- Receiving a complimentary remake does not disqualify you from a full refund. You’ll just need to return both the original and the remade garment to J.Hilburn. All return shipping is free.
- Once your remake request is submitted, we will provide you with a shipping label to return your original items. If we do not receive your returns within 30 days, we’ll assume you’re keeping the items and charge the credit card we have on file.
- If you are unhappy with any of the personalization options on your garment, these items can be returned for a J.Hilburn Credit or a refund, not a remake.
Please submit all alteration requests through your personal Stylist within 90 days of the order ship date. Alterations are designed to perfect the fit on your initial garment, not for when your body changes due to weight gain or loss. To request reimbursement for an alteration for any custom garment, you will need a photo of the alteration receipt sent to moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc.
Please note the following when altering a garment:
- Alterations have a dollar amount per product category (see below). These costs are reimbursable with a valid receipt within 90 days of the date the order shipped.
Each Client has a maximum total reimbursement allowance per clothing category, per Client Lifetime as follows:
Shirt: $50, Trouser: $75, Jacket: $100, Knits: $50, Casual Pants: $75, Outerwear: $100, Ready to Wear Denim: $20 per item (hemming only)
If you are not satisfied with your product, please call 1835-987-668 or email moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc for assistance with a return. We are happy to accept returns of shirts that have been laundered once or twice. It is encouraged to launder a shirt so that you can better evaluate the fit. However, J.Hilburn is unable to accept returns on Custom Garments that have been altered, damaged or show signs of excessive wear.
- All requests for returns need to be made within 90 days from the item ship date.
- Refunds can only be issued to the original payment method.
- Processing time for refunds is 7-10 business days after the garment has been received in our warehouse.
- Once your return is received and processed (usually within 48 hours of receipt), your refund will be processed and a credit will be automatically applied to your credit card. Some credit card companies take up to five (5) business days to post that credit to your account.
- If a garment is returned for J.Hilburn Credits, J.Hilburn Credits will expire 1 year from issuance.
- JH Credits cannot be redeemed for cash.
Ready-to-Wear Items - Returns & Exchanges
Non-custom, ready-to-wear items can be returned or exchanged within 90 days of the ship date.
Exchanges are subject to availability. If we no longer have the item you need in stock, a return for J.Hilburn Credits or a refund can be processed.
Once an exchange is requested we will ship out the new item once the original arrives at our warehouse.
Ready-to-wear items can only be exchanged for a different size.
J.Hilburn is unable to offer an exchange on any item that has been damaged, excessively worn, altered, or tailored.
For assistance with a Return or Exchange, please call 1835-987-668 or email moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc.
Physical Gift Cards and Electronic Gift Cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards are not replaceable.