Product Development Manager
We are looking for:
J.Hilburn is looking for a Product Development Manager who is responsible for managing the product development process and introduction of product categories assigned by Design & Merchandising for three collections.
What you’ll do…
• Manage all aspects of the Product Development cycle and planning process from design concept to launch of sample and production orders for fabrics and garments.
• Manage the ongoing replenishment of existing products and update master line list.
• Oversee product development categories for Outerwear (cloth, genuine leather, and insulated jackets), Casual Bottoms, Knits, Sweaters, and other assigned product categories per season for three collections.
• Manage development of new styles with Technical Design by organizing development of fit and construction of style, maintain BOM pages and develop trims as needed, and communicate with vendors on garment development specification sheets.
• Manage label, trim, packaging and inventory management of trims (linings, rib knit, hardware, etc.).
• Create time and action calendar for each product and share with production, design, technical design, planning and merchandising teams.
• Manage and ensure deadlines are met for costing product development categories.
• Create SKUs for products and load SKUs in inventory app (RTW).
• Responsible for data uploads for new product launches.
• Coordinate and order fabrications for sales tools, swatch books, and fabric card orders.
• Work closely with Stylist Support teams on product development updates relevant with Stylist field.
• Manage updates to Custom Style Guide and dot.com guides each season, create documents for Stylists use as Outerwear Length Charts and Fit Training Docs.
• Responsible for training and informing warehouse team of all product launches for a season at least 2 months prior to launch.
• Organize swatch books for reference for Design – carry over styles, co-manage pricelists per season, provide print and digital look book copy, edit Look Books, submit photo samples, review and organize photoshoot samples for campaign, PDP photoshoots for Creative team.
• Contributes to additional cross functional teams and company initiatives as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
• Have Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related field or equivalent business experience
• Have 5+ years of experience in product development related areas in garment manufacturing and sourcing environment.
• Have knowledge of apparel fabrications a plus and collaborating with vendor supplier chain globally
• Have strong work experience and business acumen within retail and apparel industry
• Have strong project management, organizational and communication skills
• Are self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player
• Able to troubleshoot and see projects from concept to completion in creative and technical areas as it pertains to product development and product launch timelines
• Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Able to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, both internal & external
• Able to prioritize varying demands and effectively multi-task to meet deadlines with a high level of attention to detail
• Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work in fashion software applications (Web PDM, Adobe Illustrator) preferred but not required
• Anticipated travel required for this position (0-10%)
To apply, please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject line.