We are looking for:
J.Hilburn is looking for a Merchandising Specialist who is responsible for the overall coordination of the product lifecycle, starting with product development through the execution of the product launch.
What you’ll do…
• Assist in developing product strategies and seasonal assortments to maximize the development of the Brand, while driving sales and profits.
• Communicates product attributes to Product Development Team for product launch; ensures the product is available to stakeholders in all utilized systems.
• Maintain competitor analysis data consisting of trends, options, and pricing and present updates on to Design, Merchandising, Product Development, and Planning teams.
• Enters and maintains detailed assortment plan for each collection.
• Maintain Merchandising Calendar with updates on product launch milestones.
• Create strategies for life of item from purchase to markdown.
• Provide weekly Merchant reports on all categories and makes recommendations to adjust in season or future plans.
• Reviews buys, replenishment positions or issues with Merchandising team and Planning team.
• Organize seasonal feedback from Merchandise Committee and present to Design, Merchandising, and Planning teams to better assort product collections.
• Coordinate information and merchandising initiatives to cross-functional teams to ensure product message and integrity is maintained.
• Act as liaison for Merchandising team relative to marketing, communications and creative.
• Assist in seasonal training and coordinate the delivery of selling tools for each product collection.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related field or equivalent business experience
• Have 2+ years of experience in product merchandising, preferably with apparel industry experience
• Have strong project management, organizational and communication skills
• Are self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player
• Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Able to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, both internal & external
• Are detail oriented
• Able to prioritize varying demands and effectively multi-task to meet deadlines
• Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Anticipated travel required for this position is minimal
To apply, please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject line.